There are a number of great websites you can create when you choose WordPress. With thousands of different themes, tens of thousands of plugins and the ability to change the coding, you can create just about any type of website you can dream up. Here’s a look at some of the most popular types of websites you can create with WordPress.
What You Need First
Before you create the website you need, it’s important to get the right hosting. You have to choose hosting with WordPress included, such as any of the packages provided by ITX Design.
After you find the right hosting and you have your domain name, you can install WordPress and get to work. Make sure you choose the right plugins and find the best theme for your needs.
Types of Websites to Create with WordPress
As you decide what you need, you will be relieved to know; just about any type of website can be created with WordPress. Even though WordPress is known as a blogging system, it can be used for far more than just a blog. Some of the types of websites you can create with WordPress include:
- Business Website – Building a professional website with WordPress is very easy. Many well-known business use WordPress, along with many small businesses for their website. With WordPress, you can quickly launch your business website and add a blog, if necessary.
- Personal Website or Blog – Maybe the most common type of use for WordPress is a personal website or blog. This powerful CMS has been created specifically for blogging and provides a very polished way to create your personal website or blog.
- NonProfit and Charity Websites – If your nonprofit, church or charity needs a website, WordPress is the preferred platform. Since you can easily use plugins to add in things, such as a PayPal donation button and other features, WordPress is a great way to get your nonprofit or charity website up and running fast.
- Social Media or Online Community Websites – Whether you want to start a social media site, forum or any other type of online community, WordPress gives you the necessary tools. You can use BuddyPress or even bbPress to create your site with WordPress.
- eCommerce Website – WordPress is one of the best platforms for eCommerce websites. Since you can use WooCommerce, WPEcommerce or another one of the powerful plugins, it’s very easy to manage inventory, accept payments, apply taxes, charge for shipping and do everything else you need to with WordPress.
- Portfolio Websites – Maybe you need to create an online resume or portfolio. With WordPress, you can easily add sliders, image galleries and other tools to make your online resume or portfolio stand out.
- Family Blogs – If you want to create a blog for your family to share pictures, stories, information on upcoming events and other things going on, you can with WordPress. It’s very easy to do with themes designed perfectly for this type of site. You can create a wedding site, a family gossip site or just a place to store and show off family picture.
- Niche Affiliate Websites – If you’re trying to make commissions from selling other people’s products to your visitors, WordPress is the right platform for you. They provide some of the best plugins and tools for affiliate marketing online today.
These are just a few of the main types of websites you can create with WordPress. You can create so many different types of website with WordPress, the list is pretty much endless. Some of the other types of sites you may want to consider include:
- Job Boards
- Q&A Sites
- Coupon Websites
- Sites in Multiple Languages
- Auction Websites
- Wiki Websites
- School Websites
- Photography Websites
- Private Blogs
- And More!
Just about any type of website you want to create, you can do so with WordPress.
When you’re ready to create a new website, WordPress is the CMS of choice. Not only can you create a variety of websites, but you can also rest easy knowing you are using a very secure CMS with regular updates. With WordPress, you will be able to do so much more than with most other platforms out there.