Why do Real Estate Companies and Agents Need Websites?
The real estate business is very much local, but also very competitive. Keeping up with all the competition means you have to use the latest technology. Real estate websites help customers find you and they help you take advantage of the massive daily searches happening online every day.
What Benefits do Real Estate Websites Provide?
A real estate website offers a number of possibilities and benefits. As an agent or a full-fledged company, you gain all types of leverage by having an online presence. Here are a few of the benefits you will gain.
- Online Calling Card – So many people are making decisions online about everything from where to eat dinner to who they will trust with finding the perfect house for their family. You need to be a part of the online revolution or you may be missing out on potential customers and commissions.
- Ability to List Houses – Your website can include a search function with all the homes you have listed for sale. This provides an easy-to-use tool for visitors to find the right home for their needs.
- Trust and Credibility – A website helps provide your company with additional trust and credibility. Often, potential customers want to check you out online before hiring your services.
- Massive Marketing Potential – The online market is huge and taking advantage of it is important. You can use a blog, SEO, Pay-Per-Click and a number of other online marketing methods to attract new business.
These are just a few benefits gained by having a real estate website. It’s nearly necessary in today’s world and at the very least; you’re missing out on huge marketing potential without a website.
How Can You get Your Own Real Estate Website?
Getting your real estate website is very easy. If you’re an agent, you may want to register your name as a domain to use for your website. However, if you run a real estate company, you will want to get the company name as the domain name.
Once you’ve registered your domain name, it will be time to build your real estate website. This is a task you can hire a professional to handle or you can take on yourself. It depends on what you want out of your website and the experience you have with web design.
If you can afford the expense of a professional designer, it’s a great idea to hire one. This will save you time and ensure you get all the features you want out of your website. Some of the features to consider include:
- A Blog
- Home Listing Search
- Community Profiles
- A Responsive Design – Makes it viewable on Mobile Devices
- Agent Profiles
- And More!
Building a professional looking website isn’t the hardest thing in the world, but if you don’t have the time, you may want to hire a professional. This is an important task because your website will represent your company. If it looks cheesy or poorly designed, your customers may think you don’t sell very many homes or provide the type of service they desire.
Hosting is Vital to Your Success
Building a new real estate website starts with hosting. You need a trusted company that can give you everything necessary for your website. This includes the right hosting package, all the necessary scripts and plenty of additional features.
Of course, you will also need the best possible support. At ITX Design, we provide three types of hosting and the best support in the business. You can start for as little as $4.95 per month and gain access to all the top features for building your website.
Your real estate website is a necessity for your business. If you want to increase your bottom-line, a website is one of the most cost effective ways to do it. This is a great way to find new customers and build your local reputation.
With the right combination of a website, search engine optimization and other online marketing methods, you can attract many new clients. However, if you don’t have a solid hosting foundation, your real estate website won’t matter because it will load slowly and may experience high amounts of downtime.
Don’t trust your new real estate website to the wrong hosting company. Find a package from ITX Design and get started with your new website today.