Do You Really Need a Nursing Website?
Nursing is a very popular career and it’s no secret how competitive it can be. With hundreds or even thousands of new nurses trained and ready to enter the industry every year, it’s just becoming more competitive.
When searching for a new nursing job, it’s important to take advantage of any edge you can get. Nursing websites provide a great way to get a leg up on the competition. Your website can serve as an online resume and can land your paper resume in the interview pile.
How can a Nursing Website Benefit You?
Starting a website to represent you as a nurse provides a few specific benefits including:
- Online Resume – Your paper resume can only cover about one page, which doesn’t give you much room to brag. Maybe you’ve won awards, received specific certifications or have more experience than you can fit on one sheet of resume paper. Your nursing website allows you to provide all the necessary information and expand on your resume.
- Makes You Searchable – If you have profiles on specific job sites, a website representing you as a professional, makes you searchable. No longer does a potential employer have to count on just your resume. They can see a picture of you, get to know you and find out far more about you from your website.
- Provides Unique Opportunities – Maybe somebody is looking for an in-home nurse in your area. If you have a nursing website, they have the ability to find you by searching online. This could open up a unique opportunity for your career.
These are only three of the many benefits of a website representing you as a nurse. If you plan to go into the private sector of nursing, a website is a vital tool you should add to your arsenal. Even if you’re just looking for a place to work, your website may be the reason you get the job.
Is a Nursing Website Expensive to Start?
The simple answer to this question is no, it’s not expensive at all. If you can create and customize your own Facebook profile, you can design your own nursing website. Many simple site builders will make it very easy to do the design work yourself.
The only expenses you will incur, if you handle the design yourself, are the domain name and hosting. The domain name will only run about $15 per year or less, while a shared hosting package can range from about $5 per month to $15 per month. Most nursing websites will only require a small, shared hosting package, so the monthly cost is minimal.
This is a very small price to pay to give you an edge over any other applicant without a website. When the decision maker comes across your resume and realizes you took the imitative to expand on your resume with a personal website, you may become their top candidate.
What Information should You Include on Your Nursing Website?
Your nursing website can include just about any information you want. It’s a good idea to include your resume and expand on it, as necessary. However, this shouldn’t be the only page on your website. Other things you can put on your site include:
- Professional Pictures
- Your Personal History
- Awards, Certificates and Accolades
- A Professional Blog
- Contact Information
- Continued Education
- Private Nursing Services – If Applicable
Any information that will potentially put you at the top of the list of candidates for any nursing position belongs on your website.
Starting Your New Website with the Best Hosting
ITX Design provides the perfect hosting for your nursing website. Our packages start as low as $4.95 per month and provide all the necessary tools to get your new website up and running quickly. We provide all hosting clients with 24/7/365 award-winning support, a 99.999% uptime guarantee and plenty of popular features.
If you want to gain an edge on the competition or you have a desire to enter the private sector of the nursing industry, you need a website. We can help you with the best possible hosting and user-friendly tools making it easy to build your own website. Our technical support team is here to help you any time of the day, with any questions. Get stated today with one of our affordable shared hosting packages.