Privacy is considered a fundamental human right by many countries. Laws have been passed to protect individuals from collected information being shared or used without prior knowledge. The data privacy laws require anybody collecting personal information to state how they will be using it on their website.
If you don’t follow the privacy laws, you can be fined or even prosecuted. Make sure you have a privacy polity and you don’t violate it.
- It may be required by law, depending on the country you live in and the information you collect.
- A third-party service you plan to use may require it, such as Amazon Affiliates or Google AdSense.
- It’s the right thing to do for you and your visitors. You should be protected and transparent with visitors about the information you collect and how you will use it.
- Your name or business name, contact information and location
- The type of information you will be collecting, such as email addresses, names, cookies or IP addresses
- How you will collect the information
- How you will store the information
- Opt-out instructions, along with whether you will be sharing the information or not
- Any third-party services you will be using that will collect information